Friedrich PDE12R2 PTAC Air Conditioner
Friedrich PTAC PDE12R2 Air Conditioner boasts over 40 standard features and besides featuring a high energy efficiency rate of 10.7, it is even flexible enough to fit other PTAC sleeves without a baffle kit. This super quiet, resilient and durable PTAC air conditioner includes a number of state-of-the-art features such as energy control options, Diamonblue technology that provides corrosion protection and advanced user friendly functionalities.
- Friedrich PDE12R2 PTAC Air Conditioner features a high BTU cooling capacity of 12200.
- The high energy efficiency rate of 10.7 helps in conserving energy.
- It comes with 265 volts while the room air circulation rate is 325 CFM.
- The moisture removal rate is 3.8 pints/hour and has cooling amps of 4.7.
- It also includes cooling watts of 1140.
- One can choose the option of either fan cycling or fan continuous mode. While fan continuous mode indicates the unit is on at all times to maintain a constant air flow circulation, fan cycle conserves energy by operating the fan only when the compressor or electric heater is operating.
- The soft start/stop feature reduces the transitional noise which occurs with the compressor startup.
- The frost sensor protects the compressor from damage either due to low air flow or low outdoor temperature.
- The vibration isolators mounted on the rotary compressor helps in suppressing sound and allowing the PTAC to run smoothly.
- The ultra quiet air system of Friedrich PTAC PDE12R2 air conditioner helps in moving the air quietly and efficiently thereby creating a cool environment without any noise distraction.
- The digital thermostat monitors the outdoor coil conditions and decides when to maximize the usage of heat pump run time.
- The PTAC can blow out up to 70 CFM of outside air in the conditioned space; therefore a washable mesh filter ensures the air that passes through is free from debris.
- Diamonblue Technology offers advanced corrosion protection.
- Corrosion resistant aluminum endplates, tamper proof grille, enclosed clamshell motor and indoor coil frost sensor are just some of the components used to provide longer life and durability.
- Room temperature is automatically monitored every nine minutes through the intelligently devised Smart Center.
- To get the desired room temperature, the ‘Instant Heat’ pump mode quickly heats a room. It will automatically run an electric heater to bring the room up to a certain temperature.
- Friedrich PDE12R2 PTAC Air Conditioner is flexible enough to fit into PTAC sleeves without a baffle kit.
- Emergency heat override is responsible for heat mode operation and it even functions if there’s a compressor failure.
- Top-mounted antimicrobial air filters offer protection from fungal and bacterial growth.
- The choice of choosing a wireless remote control allows you to adjust the temperature and mode through the option of a hand held remote control.
The warranty for 18 months from the original date or purchase or 12 months from installation covers any defect in the unit’s workmanship or material will be repaired or replaced free of charge by the authorized service centre during normal working hours.
The limited warranty on the sealed refrigeration system from 2nd to 5th year covers 66 months from the date of purchase. The sealed refrigeration system refers to the compressor, evaporator, metering device, evaporator, reversing and check valves, condenser and interconnecting tube. Under this warranty any part of the sealed refrigeration system on P-series, which is defective in material or workmanship will be repaired or replaced free of charge by the authorized service center.
These warranties are applicable only while the unit is installed at the original site and only for the air conditioners that remain within United States, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Canada. It is also important that the unit is installed and operated according to the printing instructions and should be in compliance of the local installation and building codes and trade practices.
- Automatic room temperature monitoring - The Smart Center automatically runs the fan to monitor proper room temperature while heat monitoring automatically add heat boost if necessary. It also stores service codes if it witnesses certain conditions.
- Remote Thermostat Operation – The controls for Friedrich PDE12R2 PTAC Air Conditioner can be monitored through either a wall mounted thermostat remote control or built-in controls.
- Digital Defrost Thermostat - The digital thermostat monitors the outdoor coil conditions and decides when the conditions are right for running the PTAC in heat pump mode. Running the PTAC in heat pump mode facilitates energy conservation and low operating costs.
- Durability – The Diamonblue Technology combined with tamper resistant grille, clamshell motor and power coat paint finish provide corrosion protection and ensure longer life and durability. Indoor coil frost sensor also increases the longevity of the unit.
- Quiet and Efficient – A quiet operation of the air conditioning unit is enhanced with the vibration isolators ensure the compressor runs quietly and smoothly.
- Ultral Quiet Air System - The ultra quiet air system includes a specially designed fan system that reduces sound level without compromising on the airflow.
- Easy Serviceability – Servicing is made easy with the single motor design, antimicrobial air filters and service error code storage. While the single motor design ensures there are fewer parts to maintain, the antimicrobial air filters provide easy accessibility and are easy to clean. The service area code storage helps in identifying unit diagnostics.
- Protecting the compressor from damage – The compressor can get damaged if the air flow is reduced or the outdoor temperature causes the indoor coil to freeze. The frost sensor protects the compressor of Friedrich PTAC PDE12R2 air conditioner from damage by disabling the compressor if the indoor coil reaches 30°F and it only returns to operation when the temperature goes up to 45°F.
Back from Friedrich PDE12R2 PTAC Air Conditioner to Friedrich Air Conditioners
Back from Friedrich PDE12R2 PTAC Air Conditioner to Air Conditioner Reviews - Home